Health device and smartwatch maker Withings launched its new ScanWatch Horizon wearable on Tuesday. It looks like a classic dive watch, but offers modern health and activity tracking, 30-day battery life, and Apple Health integration.
It’s not cheap, but there are reasons for that.
This post contains affiliate links. cult of mac may earn a commission when you use our links to purchase items.
Withings ScanWatch Horizon smartwatch offers 30-day battery life and Apple Health integration
Withings makes a lot of interesting health devices, including sleep aids, smart scales, and smartwatches. It’s new ScanWatch Horizon comes with a classic dive watch design but includes modern health, activity and heart tracking, 30-day battery life, 100m water resistance, Apple Health integration and more .
“This is the first hybrid smartwatch inspired by the tradition of luxury dive watches to offer state-of-the-art health technology,” Withings said in a press release.
Although the new wearable won’t replace the Apple Watch for most users, it does offer an interesting set of features. Its integration with the Apple Health app automatically pulls all your activity, heart, and sleep data on the iPhone.
Additionally, the wearable features advanced health metrics, a classic stainless steel (or silicone strap) dive watch design, 30-day battery life, 5-year warranty and more. See key features below.
ScanWatch Horizon Features:
- Clinically validated detection of atrial fibrillation by ECG
- Heart rate analysis every 10 minutes using a PPG sensor
- Clinically validated SpO2
- Automatic activity tracking (walking, running, swimming, distance and calories burned)
- Training mode with up to 30 activities (distance, pace and altitude measurement)
- Fitness level assessment with VO2 Max
- Sleep monitoring (duration, quality, sleep phases)
- Smart Smartphone Notifications
- The altimeter records the floors traveled
- Water resistant up to 10 ATM (100 meters)
- Up to 30 days of battery life
The watch case is made of 316L stainless steel. Durable sapphire crystal protects the screen.
You can get the wearable in blue or green finishes on Amazon, Best Buy, or directly by Withings. For all its advanced features and sleek design, the Withings ScanWatch Horizon costs $499.
Or buy: Amazon