How to check battery health in Windows 11
This tutorial covers How to Check the Battery Status in Windows 11. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to check battery health in Windows 11. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check out how to check battery health in Windows 11
Battery life is one of the main advantages of laptops as portable work computers. While the exact battery life will vary depending on a variety of factors, such as the specifications of the laptop and your usage patterns, battery health is critical to overall battery life. If you’ve recently found that your laptop’s battery isn’t last as long as it used to be, your health has probably deteriorated. So today we are going to see how to check the battery status of your laptop in Windows 11.
Check the battery status of the laptop in Windows 11 (2021)
In addition to the official Windows 11 laptop battery health check technique, we have included many other resources in this article. Here you will find a third-party battery health checker, usage monitoring techniques, and some helpful ideas to extend the battery life of your Windows 11 laptop. So without further ado, let’s get started. .
What is the battery condition in Windows 11?
Battery health is a measure of your laptop’s battery life. As the battery goes through multiple charge cycles over several months, its total charge capacity begins to decrease. Over time, the current capacity of the battery deviates significantly from the original capacity it had when you first bought the laptop. Here, the battery status represents the percentage of the original battery capacity remaining in your laptop.
Check the battery status of the laptop in Windows 11
1. Open the Start menu and search command prompt. From the right side panel, click Run as administrator. You can also use PowerShell to check your laptop’s battery status.
2. When the command prompt window opens, paste the following command and press Enter. Then it will generate a battery report from your Windows 11 laptop.
powercfg / battery report
3. Now go to C: Windows system32 and find the file ‘battery-report.html’. Clicking on the HTML file will open the report in your default browser on Windows 11. This battery report will contain various details about your laptop battery, including installed batteries, recent usage, battery history. battery capacity, etc.
4. In the “Batteries installed” section, find the original design capacity and the current total load capacity. In this case, the total capacity has been reduced from 51,300 mWh to 43,069 mWh. Calculating the difference, the battery health of this Windows 11 laptop is currently 84%.
5. You also get a detailed weekly battery capacity history in the report. This way you can track the degradation of your laptop battery over months of use.
6. The report also highlights the battery life estimates at current condition and original capacity. This will give you an idea of how much battery life you should get compared to the battery life you currently get from the laptop.
7. Additionally, if you scroll down you will see the estimated battery life since you installed the latest Microsoft desktop operating system – the time it was upgraded from. Windows 10 to Windows 11. In this case, the laptop should have lasted 4:50:47 (4 hours and 50 minutes) at rated capacity, but only achieved a relatively less battery life of 4:04: 08 (4 hours and 4 minutes) in its current state.
Check battery status using third-party apps
Another way to check your laptop’s battery status is to use a third-party app. While there are several battery health checker apps on the market, the only free and easy app is called BatteryInfoView.
BatteryInfoView highlights key details about your Windows 11 laptop battery, including power status, current capacity, designed capacity, battery status, and voltage, just to name only a few. You even have the option of exporting these battery statistics as a text file, CSV file, or HTML document.
Monitor battery usage by app in Windows 11
If you are having battery drain issue on your Windows 11 laptop, one of your installed apps could be the reason. Fortunately, you can check the battery usage per app from Windows 11 settings and eliminate the culprit.
To do this, go to Settings -> System -> Power and battery and you will see the list of apps that are draining your battery. Here you can see which apps are currently in use, which apps are running in the background, and sort the apps based on their general usage. For more detailed instructions, see our article on how to check the screen on time in Windows 11.
Tips to improve battery life in Windows 11
An easy method to improve battery life on Windows 11 laptops is change power settings. Laptops generally offer a performance mode, a balanced mode, and a power saving mode. While this can push your laptop to the limit for resource-intensive tasks in performance mode, it will affect battery life.
Therefore, it is recommended to use the laptop in balanced mode for optimum performance without damaging the battery life. Of course, you can change the power mode settings in Windows 11 depending on your use case. You can find detailed instructions on how to do this in our related article. And for more of these tips, check out our article on how to improve battery life on Windows laptops.
Check the battery condition of the Windows 11 laptop and replace the battery if necessary
This brings us to the end of our guide to checking the battery status of your Windows 11 laptop. It is important to stress the need to replace the laptop battery once the original is depleted to increase. battery life. and avoid possible accidents. When replacing the battery, it is recommended that you obtain an approved battery replacement. If you plan to replace the battery yourself, be sure to find a compatible battery that works within the hardware specifications of your Windows 11 laptop.
Final words: How to check the battery status in Windows 11
hope you will understand this item How to check battery health in Windows 11, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.